The engineers at PartnerPlast quickly grasped the concept and fast-tracked the development of a specialized buoy.
PartnerPlast, in close cooperation with Arctic Seaweed, has developed a specialized buoy for the seaweed industry.
Arctic Seaweed is a company with focus on the development of solutions and technology that will enable sustainable, industrial scale seaweed farming in arctic and western regions.
– PartnerPlast is a well known supplier of state-of-the-art buoy systems for the aquaculture industry. It was therefore obvious for us to cooperate with them in order to develop specialized solutions for our seaweed farming systems, says Kim Kristensen, Managing Director at Arctic Seaweed.
He is very pleased with the result of the cooperation so far.
– We gave the engineers at PartnerPlast a challenge and they quickly grasped the concept and fast-tracked the development of a specialized buoy adapted to our specific needs. The buoys will be tested in the field this coming season and lessons learned will be implemented in further design optimizations.
The new buoy, Activa Seaweed Buoy, is an integral and critical part of Arctic Seaweed’s submerged farming system. It will allow them to deploy and harvest from the farming modules in a safe, fast and efficient manner.
PartnerPlast is experiencing an increasing number of requests for the development of new products and solutions.
– We strive to find innovative solutions that solve our customers’ challenges and make them ready to face the future. The cooperation with Arctic Seaweed has been inspiring and exciting, says Trond Elstad, Head of Business Aquaculture at PartnerPlast.
– Arctic Seaweed is a forward-thinking company that is in the forefront of developing a new and important industry. Of course, PartnerPlast wants to be a part of this.
– We will most certainly continue the cooperation with PartnerPlast in the future, says Kristensen.
The latest news and articles from across PartnerPlast